This is the professional and personal website for Dr. Lanette Cadle, a Professor of English at Missouri State University. Some of the content here will be of interest to those who teach and/or research in Rhetoric and Composition (especially Computers and Writing). I also teach Creative Writing, usually poetry, and Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, so there will be posts about those subjects as well. Here is what you’ll find under the navigation tabs above:
- About: You are here!
- Blog: Where all the posts are. Use the tags in the left column to find what interests you.
- Research/ Publications: Citations for highlighted publications.
- Teaching: What courses I’m currently teaching at Missouri State University.
- Poet’s Life: My writer’s site and blog. Look here for posts about creative writing, prompts, and links to recently published work.
- Projects: Currently housing my final project from the Digital Media and Composition Institute.
As a writer and artist, I find that the line between professional and personal is a bit blurry, so some of the content here will have no apparent scholarly value. In the end, it does, but sometimes it isn’t clear from the start. Thus, the cat photos.
On January 1, 2016, I begin a new project, one similar to the Project 365 photo project I did in 2014. This time I am using a prompts book to generate a poem a day for a year. I am using The Daily Poet: Day-By-Day Prompts For Your Writing Practice by Kelli Russell Agodon and Martha Silano, and to make things just a bit more interesting, will be sharing the challenge with Karen Craigo, poet par excellence and friend since our MFA and Mid- American Review days at Bowling Green State University. I won’t be sharing the drafts online, but if you are interested in progress, I will be blogging about the project in my poet blog, This Poet’s Life.