This is a shorter version of a post I made today on my poet blog, This Poet’s Life. Since the issues discussed affected both my personal and professional lives, I’m posting here as well. So, my shameless self-promotion moves for my 30/30 poems on Twitter […]
This is the website for Dr. Lanette Cadle, a Professor of English at Missouri State University. Some of the content here will be of interest to those who teach and/or research in Rhetoric and Composition (especially Computers and Writing). I also teach Creative Writing, usually poetry, and Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, so there will be posts about those subjects as well. Here is what you’ll find under the navigation tabs above:
- About: You are here!
- Blog: Where all the posts are. Use the tags in the left column to find what interests you.
- Research/ Publications: Citations for highlighted publications.
- Teaching: What courses I’m currently teaching at Missouri State University.
- Poet’s Life: My writer’s site and blog. Look here for posts about creative writing, prompts, and links to recently published work.
- DMAC: Includes my final project from the Digital Media and Composition Institute and materials for teaching a video essay.
- Technofeminism Project: I currently have a summer 2018 research grant from my university for “Writing in Secret”Technofeminism and the Scholar-Creator.” This link is to the informed consent form for potential participants in the study. Participants need to be members of an online group for creative writers that is women or women-identified only. These range from public to invitation-only and the study looks at groups with all levels of privacy. Is that you? Take a look at the informed consent for more about it.
As a writer and artist, I find that the line between professional and personal is a bit blurry, so some of the content here will have no apparent scholarly value. In the end, it does, but sometimes it isn’t clear from the start. Thus, the cat photos.